Skip to main content

Today is the First Day

Today is the first day of my new Blog. I've always wanted to have a blog of my own for many reasons. First of all I like to talk, a lot. I have so much to say and so little time. I always am thinking of something funny to do, say or new to try. So here it goes.....Please read my blog, subscribe to my emails and take a few minutes to walk in someone else's shoes.

PS - If you like politically correct then go to another blog. I tend to be very, very straight forward and I don't sugar coat anything. However I do try to watch my mouth, I am a mother after all.  :-)

I have so much to say where do I start? I'm 34yrs old. Turning 35 this year. I'm a working mom with two boys age 8 &4. I also sell Stella & Dot Jewelry in my "FREE TIME" right.  I've been married since 2002, no pets (our dogs passed) and my biggest journey right now is my weight. I'm about 40lbs heavier then I have ever been. I think the last time I weighed this much I was pregnant. LOL or COL (Cry Out Loud). So that gives you an inside look at my life. I want this blog to be about new cool things to do with family, girlfriends, husbands, and just stuff about life. So to start off I will give a recap or a highlight of this weekends events.

Ok, mind blank.....did I do anything this weekend worth mentioning? Oh Yes...... Friday went for dinner with a co-worker to No-Li Brewery. I had an amazing salad called the Inland Northwest Salad and an even better beer called the Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout. Read about it below..... Beer is a huge downfall for me.....hence the weight gain.

Saturday was an amazing day! It was my nephew Jaxon's First Birthday. Instead of a traditional gift I decided to make him some pictured building blocks using pictures I took from my sisters Facebook page and creative alphabet letters I took for google pics, and Modge Podge. (Once I get a pictures of the finished blocks I will post). They took a bit of work but were super fun, to make. Here is the link online that gave me the idea to make them. So the party started at 2, but my sister lives 45min -1hr away so we arrived late and left at 4, stopped off at Barnes & Noble to get a few books for the kids then got home at 5pm. Our day was shot, but I had ribs in the crock pot, so dinner was ready when we got home. Then we had to watch the Gonzaga Game, they played Memphis and lost. Bummer!

  


Sunday I missed church but I have a really good reason why. I joined Weight Watchers!!!!! It was time to join back up again. About 3-4 years ago I reached my goal weight of 135lbs and kept it off for years. I stopped going to Weight Watchers and eventually gained the 20lbs I lost back plus a lot more. This time I'm in it for the long hall. I will loose the weight before summer, and definitely before my 35th birthday. After my New Member Orientation at Weight Watchers I made a shopping list and committed myself to a healthy diet. I went to Costco and the grocery store, $400 and 3 hours later I made it home with lots of Power Foods, as Weight Watchers calls them. I can say I was down .5lbs this morning on my weigh-in. My goal for this week alone is 9lbs....keep your fingers crossed.

Then by the time I got home, put groceries away, cleaned, did dishes, prepared dinner it was time to cook, eat dinner give kids baths, tuck in bed and start the day over again. I can say I took about 2 hours (7:30- 9:30) to work on a puzzle we got this weekend at Barnes & Noble. It's 1,000 pieces and fun!


WRECKING BALL IMPERIAL STOUT

Wrecking_Ball_Bottle_small.png

Ale

We pulled out all the stops on this big Imperial Stout. Five types of dark, roasted malt are added to this beer to give it a complex flavor of coffee, chocolate and brown sugar. That much maltiness requires plenty of hops for balance. Two large hop additions prevent the dark malt form totally dominating this monster of a beer.
9.5% ABV, 100 IBUs
Malt: Pale 2-row, Crystal, Chocolate, Roasted Barley, Special Roast, Black
Hops: Columbus

Thanks for reading my first Blog. I hope you enjoyed and keep coming back for more....

Yours Truly,
Rachelle 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did you know your child had diabetes? Know The Symptoms (It Could Save a Life)

How did you know your child had Type 1 diabetes? Parents of children with diabetes will hear this question asked a million times. And each time you tell your story the story gets shorter and shorter. You begin to leave out details. Details that may one day save another child's life. I wrote this for a couple of reasons. The first reason was to document the details and help other families who are searching for answers to unexplained symptoms. The second reason was to really get my emotions off my chest, and reflect. December 30, 2016 is a day I will never forget.  This date will now be forever know to us as Carter's " dia-versary."   This was the day my seven year old son Carter was diagnosed with Type one Diabetes. I still tear up when I say or even write those words... my son was diagnosed with T1D. It all kind of happened so fast really. It was Christmas break 2016 and the kids were home for a couple of weeks. Things were normal as usual, stress right before

Albertsons Monopoly Game 2015 RARE Pieces

LET'S MAKE A DEAL $100,000 Cash or 2015 Tesla* I have rare piece #122 and need to work out a deal with whoever has #117. Do you have 117C Albertsons Monopoly game piece? If so, lets make a deal. $ 100,000 Cash or 2015 Tesla that will be awarded as a check for $100,000 so if you want to split it, let's talk. Please email me stocumfamily@gmail.com to make a deal!

Basal or Bolus. What's the difference?

  Basal or Bolus. What's the difference? Where did the term basal and bolus come from? Furthermore, what the heck is the difference? Being new to diabetes you start to hear new terms that you're unfamiliar with like basal and bolus but the basal we're talking about isn't the kind you cook with (that's basil).  If you're like me, you kind of feel stupid asking the question because everybody around you seems to know the difference between basal and bolus. You may hear a nurse or doctor say things like "I think we just need to increase your basal." And I'm thinking... which one is that, because I'm looking at NovoLog and Levemir? You don't ask the question but you keep picking up on clues of what this may mean. I'm going to make it simple for you. Basal and bolus are exactly the same thing, but different. Ok, not so simple. Basal and bolus are terms used for insulin injections. The basal is the long acting insulin that