Skip to main content

Valentine's Day 2014




This Valentines day started out a little different than usual at 3 AM my son threw up all over in the bedroom. It was quickly followed with a fever and the first words out of my mouth were, "Well there goes our Valentine's Day date." But the night was still young and the next morning he felt fine and he wasn't running a fever so I sent him off to school. My work day was crazy busy it started off with a meeting in the Spokane Valley with coffee and fruit. Then off to the office where I spent most the day just trying to get caught up from the weeks work. I had a fantastic Valentine's Day. My husband and I went for an amazing bottle of wine at Eau de Vie Wine Shop in Liberty Lake next to Hay J's. We had some incredible wine called pepper bridge cabernet sauvignon and the appetizers were from Hay J's. I choose the Tapa Platter which was Cilantro hummus, kalamata tapenade & roasted tomato-artichoke spread. Served with grilled sourdough, sliced cucumber & tomato. It was so amazing and so was the company.

http://www.pepperbridge.com/cabernet-sauvignon

We even went over to the new The Butcher Block at Hay J's and saw all the fresh fish and meat. We picked up a couple of ahi for our dinner, and cooked Pappa Murphy's heart shaped pizza for the kids. Overall we just had a relaxing good evening and in bed before 9 PM.

My husband gets mad props for getting me some beautiful flowers and my children got me some amazing Valentines cards and chocolate. Good family, good fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did you know your child had diabetes? Know The Symptoms (It Could Save a Life)

How did you know your child had Type 1 diabetes? Parents of children with diabetes will hear this question asked a million times. And each time you tell your story the story gets shorter and shorter. You begin to leave out details. Details that may one day save another child's life. I wrote this for a couple of reasons. The first reason was to document the details and help other families who are searching for answers to unexplained symptoms. The second reason was to really get my emotions off my chest, and reflect. December 30, 2016 is a day I will never forget.  This date will now be forever know to us as Carter's " dia-versary."   This was the day my seven year old son Carter was diagnosed with Type one Diabetes. I still tear up when I say or even write those words... my son was diagnosed with T1D. It all kind of happened so fast really. It was Christmas break 2016 and the kids were home for a couple of weeks. Things were normal as usual, stress right before

Albertsons Monopoly Game 2015 RARE Pieces

LET'S MAKE A DEAL $100,000 Cash or 2015 Tesla* I have rare piece #122 and need to work out a deal with whoever has #117. Do you have 117C Albertsons Monopoly game piece? If so, lets make a deal. $ 100,000 Cash or 2015 Tesla that will be awarded as a check for $100,000 so if you want to split it, let's talk. Please email me stocumfamily@gmail.com to make a deal!

Basal or Bolus. What's the difference?

  Basal or Bolus. What's the difference? Where did the term basal and bolus come from? Furthermore, what the heck is the difference? Being new to diabetes you start to hear new terms that you're unfamiliar with like basal and bolus but the basal we're talking about isn't the kind you cook with (that's basil).  If you're like me, you kind of feel stupid asking the question because everybody around you seems to know the difference between basal and bolus. You may hear a nurse or doctor say things like "I think we just need to increase your basal." And I'm thinking... which one is that, because I'm looking at NovoLog and Levemir? You don't ask the question but you keep picking up on clues of what this may mean. I'm going to make it simple for you. Basal and bolus are exactly the same thing, but different. Ok, not so simple. Basal and bolus are terms used for insulin injections. The basal is the long acting insulin that